Survey says: Radio lags next year.

According to BIA/Kelsey, and its U.S. Local Advertising Forecast 2018, the projection for total local advertising revenue domestically is an increase of 5.2% ($151.2 billion) in the coming year. Digital/online will make up a little over 35% of the total, while traditional media will take the other 65%. The leader, as usual, is direct mail, contributing 25% of the total; followed by local television (14%); mobile (12.6%); and then radio, at 10.4%; newspapers (10.2%) rounded out the top five. BIA/Kelsey Senior VP/Chief Economist Mark Fratrik attributes the solid growth to “the strong economy and the expectation of highly-competitive statewide political races.”